Thursday, July 27, 2006

Every morning at 8:00 am there are a few things that I can count on happening...
1. I will be rushing in to work
2. I will feel tired and wish I was snug as a bug in a rug in bed.
3. I will be starving and near hypoglycemic shock.
4. I will have an email waiting for me from my friend, Billy.

Sometimes these emails are normal consistings of the events of the past evening, plans for the day, and questions about my evening and plans for the day. Other times they are a bit more zany. Those emails usually consist of him addressing me by a strange nickname such as, "Spock, Spooz, or Scoots"...and inevitably sheer nonsense follows...

He is weird. There is absolutely no denying it, however he is also funny (at times) and very, extremely creative. This is precisely why I encouraged him to start his own blog! So...here you go folks...Billy's blog! It should be interesting in the coming days as his life starts to completely change...he's gonna be taking on his new role as Dad!

In other news, today is an exciting day for me! I get to go cake tasting with Miss Ruby. She wasn't picky about what flavors we will taste, so she left the selection up to me. Here's what I chose:

Butter Pecan with chocolate fudge filling and cream cheese frosting
Red Velvet with cream cheese filling and cream cheese frosting
French Vanilla with Raspberry filling and Butter Cream frosting
Marble with chocolate Mousse filling and Butter Cream frosting

Doesn't that sound divine? Is it no wonder that I've been excited about this??

Well, on Thursday I take my nephew and niece to the library. Today they're bailing on me to go the aquariam in Tulsa with their folks. Can't say that I blame them...It sounds like a more fun-filled option. The library excursions have forced me to start reading more. I'm still pretty slow about actually sitting down to read the book I check out, but at least I'm reading more than I have in the past. This week (or I should say 3 weeks)
I've been reading a book called the "Frog Prince" by Jane Porter. If I could only stay away from TV, I'd have this book finished in no time. It's so good. Jane Porter has a style of writing really similar to mine (smutless and simplistic), which is why I think I can relate so much to her.
If you're looking for a fun summer read...check it out. Guys beware...it's chick lit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. YAAAAAY!!!! BILLY'S GOT A BLOG!!! =) I so happy now...I've got another thing to read all so I can avoid studying!! Wooo hooo!!!

2. All that matters to me is that there's butter cream icing. Butter cream icing makes me happy =)

3. So THAT's why Andrewji kept telling me about the sharks that he's gonna go see. =) He'll definitely have fun times

4. I can't wait til exams are over and I can read fun books again =)

Scorps1027 said...

ooh yayyyy billy's got a blog! another addition to my bloglines! with cakes, i guess it's really all about traditional vs. fun. chocolate and fudge and all htat being fun. butter cream and raspberry is more traditional.

kovoor36 said...

the cakes sounds awesome! im hungry now!