Monday, July 10, 2006

First thing's first...
Happy birthday, Miss Jessy! (Thank you, Cookie...for the picture! I hope you enjoy your birthday at home with your friends and family. It's funny how you and Julie both got to go home for your birthdays! Anyway, I'm glad you joined the OK crew via Ashley. It's been fun getting to know you the past several months...and I anticipate a lot more fun-filled times w/you. =)

The weekend was rather uneventful. Shocking, I know. I stayed up till 3 am working on a craft project on Friday night. My cousin Sue called me the next morning at 10 and I was still asleep. That's highly unusual for me because I'm usually up early even on weekends. When I told her why I was up till the wee hours of the morning, she said I was an addict. She's probably right...Some people are addicted to crack...but not me...I'm addicted to crafts. =/

Since most of the gang was away this weekend...I hung out with Sybil since she was husband-free. We made curtains for her little girls' play room. When I grow up, I want to be a mom just like her. She comes up with the most creative ideas to make her daughters' lives just a little more exciting. The girls are 5 and 2...and they're taking spanish classes this summer. They were telling me the colors in Spanish with the perfect Spanish accent. I was highly impressed. I even tried to stump Hannah by trying to make her say difficult colors like gray...but, apparently that wasn't a challenge. Kids are smart.

Speaking of kids, I took my own rugrats to McDonalds Saturday night. I'm not one who promotes McDonald's eating...but it has an indoor playground which beats sitting out in the heat while they play. I was so impressed by this McDonalds...it was the best one I've ever seen. It looked like a cafe...it even had a sitting are with couches!!

Anyway, while there...I learned a valuable little lesson about "assuming." I saw a lady sitting in the play area...she had two kids with her who looked much like her. As usual, when I'm people watching, I'm always creating stories in my head of who people are and what they're doing. I assumed that she got in a fight with her husband about something trivial and stupid, but needed time to cool off, so she took the kids to McD's to chill a bit. I was so off from the actual truth...We started talking a while later...it turned out she thought Marissa and Andrew were my kids as well and was surprised to hear I was the aunt. And I was equally surprised to hear she was merely babysitting for the kids' mom...who was a close friend. So much for my story. =/

So, that was my weekend guys...back to another work week...bleh! I will be spending the next 4 days wishing it was Friday...and why?? just to have another uneventful weekend like this one. =/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh the how mighty is the gluegun!

kovoor36 said...

that was a fun filled weekend! crafts, mcdonalds, oh my!:)

cookiemonsta said...

happy birthday jessy kutta ;)