Monday, July 31, 2006

I know I have to write my blog post b4 9 am, else I will have angry emails and phone calls inquiring why I haven't blogged yet. So, I'm trying to race the clock here. Well, we're back for another week, rat racers. Hope the weekend was fun-filled for all of you.

Friday, the maternal unit called me while I was grocery shopping. She said that my pastor's mother had died and there was a prayer at their house later that evening. We both went, and I was moved to hear the way Pastor had talked about his mom. He described her using three words...faithful, giving, and loving. It was quite a beautiful tribute to her, which moved me to tears at times. It made me realize the importance of being a blessing to others...

Saturday I watched "Lady in the Water" again! My aunt was itching to see it. This turned out to be quite a mistake because she didn't understand it at all. Even after I explained it 3 times. But, I'm glad I watched it again because I got to M. Night! ;) and...I'm going to write a brief essay on my thoughts about the movie, so this helped me jot down a few more ideas. I know...I definitely need a life if I'm writing essays when I'm not even in school. =/

Sunday Miss Ruby and I went to finalize her wedding invitations and shop for shoes. I decided that I should start selling candy bars or cookie dough to raise money for my wedding (in the near future...i HOPE)...because weddings are freaking expensive!!

In other news, I'm actually going to lunch with people today...instead of hibernating in my car as I usually do. When I first came to work here, I worked with a group of ladies. They were all much older than me, but we were such a close unit. They were all like moms to me...always concerned about what was going on with me. I've often wished that I was still in that department...because I loved the people I worked with and they made coming to work less painful. I haven't hung out with all of them as a group in over a year. It's hard to connect although we're just a floor apart because everyone's busy doing their own thang...but today we're going to lunch....and I'm excited!

I leave you with pictures of my babies!...Back in June it was JP's first birthday. His good-for-nothin' mom has yet to send me pics of the event...but CCL sent me a few of him modeling the shirt I made for him...as well as her cuties...Enjoy the cuteness!

Due to technical difficulties with blogger...pics can't be uploaded...stay tuned, and I will edit this post to include the pics later!

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

anxiously waiting for the pix!!! have a good week!!:)