Monday, July 03, 2006

PCNAK update...

The weekend has come and gone...and I must say it was an abnormally looong one, which is nice for a change. I had a FABULOUS time in Dallas this weekend. Sheryl and I actually made it there with out killing each other or anyone else. Of course, we did get lost a time or ten, but I must say, that I think that actually helped me understand the Dallas highways a bit better because I was able to give other people directions successfully for the rest of the weekend!!

My sole purpose for attending the conference Friday was to meet with the Beacon writers. However, upon my arrival, I discovered that the meeting had been moved to the next day. I wouldn't be able to attend that meeting because I had plans to spend time with my cousins. The Beacon editor suggested I attend a writer's forum with her later Friday afternoon. Of course, I dragged Sheryl with me. We found ourselves sitting in a room filled with men who were 45 and up. To make matters worse, the entire meeting was in Malayalam.
Oddly enough, Sheryl, who no one ever seems to remember after an initial introduction, was spotted out by a pastor who recognized her. He started talking to her in Malayalam, and she would look to me as if I was her translator before she fumbled through some feeble Malayalam response. Of course, I was too busy laughing my arss off because she sounded like a village idiot. The pastor then decided to sit by her, which is when I took this picture because the whole situation was just too hilarious for me. The convo was something like this...(I will translate for the pastor)

pastor: is your husband from Rani?
Sheryl: huh?
pastor: is your husband from Rani?
Sheryl: no. but my husband's from Rani.
me: idiot. that's what he asked u. if your husband's from rani.
Sheryl: oh i thought he asked if i was. (hyena-like laughing)
pastor: what's the name?
Sheryl: Sheryl
me: idiot. he is asking your husband's name.
Sheryl: oh...uhh...Sujith.

Right about then, I quit listening...because I knew the conversation was going to get worse, and I couldn't suck in my laughter for much longer.

Anyway, the forum was a huge disappointment, so we split the scene early! I was able to meet Bincyaleena...a fotologger. That was pretty neat, however I didn't get to take any pictures with her because I never saw her after the first day.

Saturday, the girls and I split ways...we decided we'd devote the day to a family fun day, in which I hung out with my cousins and they hung out with each other. I had a good time with Bobby and Neesha...they introduced me to the art of buying name brand shoes! I bought my first pair...Kenneth Cole Reaction sandals...I can't believe how different the comfort level is. I pranced around in those shoes all day! Although Saturday night was dubbed Friends Fun Night...the fun was cut short when Sunu A's mom decided to bunk with us. But, we did stay up till the wee hours of the morning taking strange upshots and laughing like hyenas...
Three stooges having a feeble friends fun night...

Over all the conference was great! Socially, the crowd was really young this year...but I did see a few old familiar faces and former heart throbs.


Me and my cousin/niece Jennie. I haven't seen Jennie in a year, so it was really good to catch up with her and see her little one! Hard to believe she's a mom,eh?

The girls and me with our favorite flogger, BinuBing!

Sunu and me with our friend since childhood, Sheba.

Upshot of me and Sunu...I think the heat definitely got to my hair!

Sheryl and Sujith..

It was good times... Spiritually, the worship services were unbelievable. Some of the musicians blew me away...Jason James, Siby Varghese, and the Linson Daniel Band to name a few. Overall the kids are unbelievably talented. As for Richard Criscoe, the main speaker, His presentation wasn't the best, but I did walk away with several points that made me really consider somethings...Here's what I walked away with this weekend:

1. Salvation isn't enough because I have not experienced salvation...I've just learned about it.

2. To experience salvation one must truly seek understanding, which means pursuing God passionately.

3. The 2 things that Christians have are hope and peace...and those are the 2 things that devil tries to steal first!

4. If you are seeking God, and not finding Him...step it up a notch...

5. No mistake we make can possibly change the love He has for us.

Overall, I learned a lot this weekend, I got my praise on, and I had an awesome, laughter-filled weekend with the girlies...so I guess that means that PCNAK Dallas was a success!

PS: The bracelet for Staicy's wedding. 2 down, 4 to go by TOMORROW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww sue u did a great job on those bracelets for the bridesmaids:) you're talented lady!

kovoor36 said...

the bracelets are nice!! i wish i had my ring to sport....(hint hint) and you have seen more bing than we have lately. he stinks!!!