Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I had my heart set on watching "my super sweet sixteen" on MTV last night...but alas, I missed the entire show. =/ Instead, I went over to my brother's house to entertain 5 8-year-olds at my niece's slumber party. I went to the store earlier that day to buy beads so they could make bracelets and necklaces...CCL was on the phone, and I was explaining my task at hand to her. "So you're like the clown?" she asked. Leave it to CCL to shed some light on the situation in case I was confused for a moment. Yep, basically I WAS the clown...brought in to entertain the little rascals. I must say, we had a pretty good time though. Although, if I don't see another pink or purple bead for the rest of my life, it'll be too soon. =) But, it was all worth it when all 5 gave me a group hug when i was leaving. I guess I'll have to catch the re-run of my show...

I was reading about the train explosion yesterday. My thoughts on this situations are: The explosion itself is bad enough. Too many lives have been lost and changed by the horrific event. I just hope that the repercussions don't cause more tragedy. I hope that people in India have enough good sense to realize that this was a terrorist act caused by senseless, cruel individuals who don't represent the thoughts and beliefs of an entire religious population.

with all that being said, i challenge those of you who read this to commit to praying for the people of India. I'm sure many of the people who died yesterday were lost souls. I know that not everyone of us can pack our bags and hit the mission field to share the gospel...but we can pray...and that in itself is a ministry that impacts lives.

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

indeed. and too funny abt your nieces slmuber party! it prolly was better than sweet 16, it was lame, those girls were way out of control and i think the older one was part stupid!!

Anonymous said...

i've been praying and i,too hope that the repercussions never rear their ugly heads. that slumber sounds like it was a blast! i made sure to catch the super sweet 16, too. and i agree with nina, there was definitely something wrong with the older sister. the whole show was yet another set of indians acting a fool.