Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I took this upshot of myself as I was waiting for Sunu A to come pick me up on Saturday night for the M. Night Shyamalan movie. I had bought my sweater on my shopping excursion earlier that day. I was nervous about wearing it...because it's not my usual type of sweater...in other words, it's not a cardigan...and sheryl's always quick to comment when she doesn't like what i'm wearing. (which is typically every time I see her!) But it went over well with the girls...

Anyways...I love my cousin Leslie...I really do. I'm proud of her for dabbling into cosmetology while she's in high school...because it will give her a good paying job while she's going through college. However, never again will I be her guinea pig. I knew I was playing with fire when I asked her to highlight my hair a few months ago. But honestly, how hard could it be? I highlight it by myself all the time. I guess I don't get all complex with foils and such....but she did, and I should have known that the outcome might not be favorable.

Three months later, and I'm wearing a barette to hold back all my fried bangs. She left the color in too long and now my bangs are infested with split ends, dry, and brittle. If I run my fingers through them, I can hear the pieces break...which is exactly what happened to one portion of my bangs...The hair completely broke off and it's about an inch long now and refuses to do anything but stick straight up. =/ Thus...the hair clip.

Lesson learned: If you want something done to you hair, pay for it.

6 comments:

cookiemonsta said...

i love this upshot of you.. you look cute.. and you're smiling.. yay!
i like that color on you..
and the hair distress... eh it's just hair suevee... it'll grow back :) it looks good in this pic, and that's all it REALLY matters.
REALLY =)

kovoor36 said...

yeha shes right, hair is hair! but you do get what you pay for, and since you paid nothnig, well you get nothing sometimes!!:)

Scorps1027 said...

that's a powerful lesson! and i disagree that hair is JUST hair. it's only just hair when it's laying flat on your back in a normal style. when it's some major disaster then it's EVERYTHING! but you look good with your hair pulled back with the barette like this. it works for you! and i like the sweater...esp. the color! VERY nice!

Anonymous said...

you look cute in this pic

Soulsysta said...

I must agree - you is beautiful suse - i feel like i haven't seen you in FOREVER.

Glad you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

you cover the mistake like a pro. loving the hair!