Friday, July 14, 2006

Word of the week (although I'm behind about a dozen weeks now)
Oriental
Definition (per dictionary.com)-Of or relating to the countries of the Orient or their peoples or cultures; eastern
Usage Note: Asian is now strongly preferred in place of Oriental for persons native to Asia or descended from an Asian people. However, Oriental should not be thought of as an ethnic slur to be avoided in all situations.

Dear "FYI", sorry...I had no idea that Oriental was now considered offensive. As you can see, the definition does pertain to people as well. But, I guess if I'm going to write in a public forum, I should be more aware of politically correct terms. Forgive me for my oversight.

That being said...TGIF, rat racers! I hope everyone has BIG plans for the weekend!

I must do a special shout out to my BF on this Fresh n' Funky Fantastic Friday...I saw this pic of her among Staicy's wedding pictures, and I thought it was such a good one! As usual, she's flashing all her pearly whites.

I know she's bummed about being bored and alone in Florida this weekend...and I'm sure shes' definitely wishing she could be here in OKC. She's the only person on earth that would actually wish for that. =/ BF, just know that you're missed every day...When I'm sitting in my car in the sweltering heat during my lunch hours, I often reminisce about the good ol' days when we car pooled to work and went to lunch together every day!...such good times. Don't worry...I'm not having any fun here with out you. Fun just isn't AS fun with out you...

How many Indians does it take to put up a wallpaper tree?

Apparently 3. This has been the project that Finu, Sybil, and I have been working on for the past 2 days. Finu bought this wall paper cut out for the baby's nursery. Let this serve as a warning to anyone who invests in this tree walling from Pottery Barn. It does not stick to the wall if you follow their directions! Go buy wall paper glue!! But, we finished it last night, and I think it's absolutely adorable...Don't u?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely adore the room!
thanks for the shoutout. i miss you too BF!

Anonymous said...

both pics are very cute =)

kovoor36 said...

i kinda knew abt the oriental/asian thing, but wasnt trying to call you out:) and sonia looks beautiful as she always does and i lvoe the room!! so exciting for finuji!:)

Anonymous said...

my sister and i have come to the agreement to kick sonia because she's so freaking beautiful and we can't stand it.

just thought we'd tell you that, sana ;) that picture is probably the BEST pic i've seen of you ever :)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the room.