Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm back from my 3 day weekend...although it went by entirely way too fast. Friday was lovely...My plans to hang out downtown were shot because I have no idea where anything is down there. It's highly confusing and it was too hot to scope things out on foot, so I headed to the mall where I shopped (I'm in this new "need accessories" phase) and watched "the devil wears prada." It was nice being able to take a day out and do whatever...

Saturday I went to the homeless shelter with a few folks from church. We served food...It was extremely sad because we ran out of food. We had to give them half a serving just to make sure everyone had SOMETHING. the stuff they eat is stuff that no one else wants...bread that's OLD, fruit that's rotting...so terrible. I don't think going out there to serve food really serves a purpose unless it's done consistently...unless relationships are built with people. Going out there once every six months merely teaches us to be grateful for the things we have...but doesn't really do much for anyone else.

Saturday night I finally got to see M. Night's new movie...I love him...uhm, I mean...I love the movie. Again, if you watch it at a surface level...it's not so great. The thing I love about Shyamalan is that his work has so much depth. I don't want to give too much of it away, but this movie was about finding one's purpose...ahh, it was just brilliant...I could go on and on, but I'll spare you all.

Anyway, tis a new week...the last week of July...and I'm behind on ruby's wedding tasks for this month! =/ Gotta get to work!!

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

im so glad you have a good review of the shyamalan movie! i cant wait to see it becasue im a huge fan of his too!!:)

Anonymous said...

i agree with what you're saying about good deeds.

i can't wait to see m knight's movie. i met m knight when i was in college and when he was still only beginning to become big time. (he had just finished filming sixth sense during my senior year) his wife was my t.a. for a few of my psyche classes. i totally agree, though. his work is way more