Tuesday, December 15, 2015

5 Days Post Big Chemo Day...

So, yesterday I went to Dr H's clinic because he thought it would be a good idea for me to get hooked up to some IV hydration since I couldn't keep anything down.  So, while they were getting me plugged into the good stuff, he said that typically 5 days post chemo, patients start to feel better.  He was definitely right.  I woke up this morning and curled my hair...and then suddenly was hit with a craving for cheerios....and for lunch, rice with tuna and vegetable curry with a side of lemon pickle and papadum.  My mom was kind enough to make sure that I had everything my little heart desired.  I ate and drank well...not my typical serving size...but hey, small steps.  And, I was able to keep everything down.  Of course, eating and washing my plate was enough to completely tire me out though.  I had a few good naps through out the day but felt so much better overall!

Since I was feeling more like myself I didn't have around the clock care...Instead Mousse was providing around the clock surveillance.  The doorbell rang in the afternoon...and Mousse's bark is even more ferocious these days as she has made it her #1 goal to guard and protect me.  It freaked me out and I raced to the step stool to see who was at the door.  Somehow Charlotte's tube that is also connected to me managed to lasso itself around Mousse's tail.  I was trying to climb down from the stool carefully while praying Mousse wouldn't make any sudden movements.  Luckily I managed to unhook her tail before she realized it and jolted.  My life literally flashed before me in an instant.  Can you imagine the damage she could have done if she jolted and the tube pulled out of my chest?  ***ouch!****  Turns out no one was at the door...but, I did receive a really nice package addressed to "Sue Chechi"...with some cozy socks and a lovely PINK polkadot robe.  I'm not sure who this sweet package was from but, thank you whoever you are!  I love it!

I'm so happy to be up and walking around  my home again...and I'm praying that this good health will continue...especially because my niece and nephew, Marissa & Andrew will be home for Christmas on Monday! ...and my cuzzies will be rolling in later in the week!  I usually go all out on Christmas and try to get them everything on their lists and make things special...It will be really different this year, but I want to be able to spend good, quality time with them and try to maintain some of our favorite traditions!

I must mention that we lost a member of our family this week.  Bailey the Cat Kurien was my aunt's cat...or 4th child.  She has been with the family for 14 years.  Yesterday, Bailey seemed to be acting a little off...but, my aunt had left her house last night to come stay with me to make sure I was ok.  While she was here, she called home only to hear that Bailey had died.  We then had to break the news to my cousin, Leslie...who was broken hearted by the news.  Some people may think it's silly when people shed tears when a pet dies...but I don't.  I can't imagine the  pain they must be feeling.  Their home will never be the same...there is a very important presence missing.  Bailey, you were the softest, fattest cat I've ever known.  I loved when you let me hold you like a baby and when you furrowed your sweet little head into my sweaty little shoe.  You brought so much joy to the Kurien clan and you will be missed by all of us....even Mousse.  Rest In Peace, Baileykins!



2 comments:

ansley said...

I think I know who your mystery sender is... :)

Unknown said...

So glad you are feeling better!