Sunday, December 06, 2015

The Weekend in Review...Getting Chemo Ready


It's been a whirlwind weekend! It feels really weird to sit here on a Sunday night with out thinking about preparing for my work week.  Instead, I'm thinking about what all I have to do this week to get chemo ready!  Tomorrow morning, I have a quick outpatient procedure to have my  port put in...so I think chemo will start any day now.  Meanwhile my friends have been helping me get the house chemo ready....which means lots of dusting, scrubbing, sweeping, organizing...so I will be comfortable with out clutter and clean to prevent infection and illness.  Thank you to my lil' minions who came out and helped this weekend!!   Friday night was spent turning my room into a zen sanctuary.  I can't even express how much I love it!!  Ok Ok, since you insisted, I will share a few pics of my favorite areas in my room with you guys!
My cute little writer's nook!  This is where the blogging magic happens, folks. (Thanks for the fancy, new pillow, Jen!)

My dresser used to be covered with tubes of lipstick and blush brushes, but all that's been cleared away and I have all my pretty perfume bottles displayed on this beautiful tray my friend, Sarah had given me for my birthday!  I thought it looked perfect!...especially with the lilies I got this week!

Saturday was officially Cuzzy Saturday, which was kicked off with a short but sweet visit from CCL!  After we parted ways, I went home and anxiously awaited the arrival of my favorite newlyweds (Denny & Leslie)...when I got a phone call from Ansleykins.  She asked me what I was doing and then told me to open my front door and there she was!!!!...All the way from Houston!!!  Just to spend time with me on my last weekend before chemo!!  Can you tell by all my exclamations that I was super excited?!?!?  So the fam + a few of the friends went out to enjoy my last Saturday night free from "the pouch!"
The crew...minus a few!
Denny is Mousse's favorite human...and mine too!
My little cuzzies...Ansleykins and Wes (babytalk for Les.  What? Is it strange for a 41 year old and a 26 year old to talk baby talk to each other?!)  I love these two so much...so sad they're both in Texas now and that I don't have access to them anytime I want!!

It meant so much to me to have my cousins and friends come out for a night of footloose and fancy free fun!  I am blessed to be surrounded by such love!  It was especially awesome to have Ansley with me all weekend.  So sweet of her to surprise me!  We got to go to church together today and she spent the rest of the day helping me shop for essentials, air up my tires, and change my AC filters!...I'm sure she could've spent her weekend doing a plethora of other things...but she chose to come out to help me! So nice to know that even though they're far away...my cousins are here for me when I need them!
Me & Ansleykins at church!

No comments: