Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Bon Jour!

My mom said that I was so different today than when she saw me yesterday. Apparently I had a lot more life and energy...She has a sneaky suspicion that it has to do with the fact that my sister and BF are here.  I think she's possibly right!  They chilled with me all day, spent time with my visitors, ran errands to prep for tomorrow and even squeezed in lunch at the infamous Johnny Carinos.  And just like the old days...we enjoyed our traditional chocolate cake!  The only thing missing today was......SUNU!  Typically, I get to spend lots of time with Marissa and Andrew...but my sister doesn't get to.  So it's been really nice to spend time with them all together.  We played a not-so-friendly game of Go Fish.  Apparently this crazy competitiveness is genetic...

My hair has been falling out in astonishing amounts lately.  I knew today I'd have lots of visitors because that's usually what happens on the the eve of big chemo day.  I try to squeeze in as many visits as I can since I will spend the next few days feeling pretty sickly.  However, I wasn't prepared to face everyone with how my hair looked.  Luckily one of the new hats my cuzzies helped me picked out came in the mail today!  I think it worked as a pretty good disguise...because my friend from Houston told me that I didn't look sick at all!  He said that I looked like I just got back from Paris!  In fact, he thought Charlotte was my purse!  BF loved my hat so much she ordered me two more in different colors!
Prayer Request:  Tomorrow I spend 7 hours at the clinic for chemo filtration.  Please pray that I feel strong and healthy enough to enjoy ushering the new year with my friends and family!

No comments: