Thursday, December 03, 2015

Project Kitchen Reorganization

I need a little break from the serious talk about critical illnesses....so bear with me as I brag about my little kitchen reorganization project! When I go to my mom's house, I tend to snub my nose at how cluttered her kitchen is.  I always told myself I wouldn't collect mugs or tupperware excessively and that my counter space would never be cluttered.  But it was recently pointed out to me that my countertops are indeed cluttered and I have a lot of unnecessary things in my cupboard.  So, immediately we conducted a purge.  We cleared the counter space and reorganized my cupboard and it looked so amazing!  I wish I had a before shot...but I do have an after!
My beautiful, de-cluttered cupboard! (Is it obvious that I love polkadots?!)
I was so inspired by my cupboards, that I decided to tackle my pantry as well.  It was in horrid condition!  I could never see what was in there, so I just kept buying more.  It got to this point where I refused to open it because I was scared of what I might jump out of it.

This is totally embarrassing to even admit that this is what my pantry looked like!

So, I threw away everything that was dated, cleared out the shelves, lined each shelf with paper, bought some storage bins and containers, and...VOILA!
My beautiful pantry!!!  Now I always make people look at it before they leave the house!
I love the kitchen so much...I plan to go through every room in the house and organize each one!  Why wait for spring cleaning when you can have this much fun now?!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! :) whoever inspired you must be a genius!

Scorps1027 said...

Great job! I especially love those baskets in the pantry with the chalkboard signs! My pantry looks like a hurricane hit it:/