Monday, December 07, 2015

The Port...

Today I had a minor procedure to put in my port for chemotherapy.  I really didn't know what to expect.  Initially, it just felt a little weird and then after the local anesthesia wore off it was pretty painful.  The right side of my body from my chest to my neck is extremely sore.  It hurts to chew, reach, bend...pretty much it hurts to move at all right now.  My inability to do much at all took a toll on my spirits today.  I didn't want to see anyone or talk to anyone. It's been another one of those hard days where I found myself just crying sporadically for no particular reason at all.  I think there's just a lot of emotions building up over this week and all the challenges I will be facing.  I'm trying to take each day as it comes without thinking too much about what's coming next....but sometimes that's easier said than done.

Sunday, I went to Walmart and ran into my childhood friend, Jen's dad.  She had told him about my diagnosis, so he was a little surprised to see me prancing around Walmart.  When we stopped to talk, he mentioned that his church had just prayed for me during Sunday morning service.  It made me stop and wonder exactly how many people are praying for me!  If my childhood friend's...dad's...entire church just prayed for me...I'm going to guess I have lots of prayers bombarding Heaven on my behalf. I do feel like those prayers are the reason I've had strength this far...and it's those prayers that will get me through tough days like this one...when I'm hurting physically and emotionally.

I got a piece of advice from a friend of mine tonight...she said the way to make it through chemo is to worship God through it..."even when it hurts."   She suggested I play my favorite worship songs and focus on them through the pain.  It's funny she mentioned that because I have actually been thinking that I need a theme song that I dedicate specifically for this battle.  And Fetty Waps 679 seems a wee bit inappropriate!!! There's a Hillsongs United song that I love, and it would come to my mind when I thought about pickinga song for this. Oddly enough, BF texted me the link to the same song a few days later....and then, when my friend mentioned tonight that I needed to worship God through this..."even when it hurts."  I knew it was confirmation that this indeed is my song, so here's the link for you...Even When it Hurts by Hillsongs United

Prayer Request: My cancer buddy is scheduled for surgery this Thursday!  Please keep him and his team of doctors in your prayers!  

No comments: