Tuesday, December 08, 2015

What a Difference a Day Makes...

I am so much better today! I still can't make any sudden movements!  So, no ninja tactical training this week...But I've been chauffeured around to all of my appointments so far, and today I actually drove myself!  So that's a huge improvement from yesterday...when I could hardly get up from my sofa.  Today's EKG went fine, and the Dr. called me this afternoon to tell me that chemo starts Thursday morning.  Such a coincidence that my cancer buddy has his surgery Thursday and I start chemo Thursday.

Two things that made me smile today....a visit from my sweet, friend Janice and  this cute little dimple-cheeked, wiggle worm, Lorelai!  I was Janice's wedding planner a few years ago, and we became friends ever since.  I think our bond of friendship was solidified when she came over one night and her car battery died.  We tried calling every guy we knew to help us jump her car, and then she insisted that we try to jump it ourselves.  I wanted to keep calling guys..random ones...I didn't care.  I just didn't want her car to blow up on my driveway when we jumped it ourselves.  But her confidence and perseverance paid off, and the car started just fine.  I decided that day that she would be a good person to have in my corner!  And she definitely has been!



Second thing that made me smile was this text from my lil' angel today. Shoma (aka Okla-Shoma) belongs to a group of cousins that I inherited from my cousin Ben.  He was their cousin from his mom's side...and I was on his dad's side.  After he died, both sides sort of merged and became one family.  Now, I have a whole new set of little cousins that I absolutely love to pieces!  I'm not sure who all 13 of these prayer warriors are but it  amazes me that there are 13 people thinking of me at one time and praying for me.

I am surrounded with so much love and support on the daily...it's sometimes overwhelming.  People are just literally waiting for me to tell them what my needs are so they can help me in any way.  I'm not so sure how I got so lucky to have a life filled with such amazing people!  I am definitely feeling very grateful and blessed today!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Susan! I'm rooting you on!

Janice Varghese said...

Love you friend! I'm glad you're in my corner too! I'm so glad my car didn't explode that day. That was so scary. ��

Kinza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kinza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kinza said...

I attempted to leave wonderful artistic comments before but it didn't work. Suffice it to say that Shone and I love you and are cheering for you!!! Biggie's mom battled two bouts of cancer.

**Hugs**

Unknown said...

You can make that 14! Hi Susan!! Your blog is incredible and so inspirational. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
May God Bless You <3

-Della