Monday, December 21, 2015

Crafting Therapy...

I saw a project on Pinterest that I wanted to try making as a Christmas present, so I went on a short trip to my home away from home this morning...Hobby Lobby.  I haven't been there in what seems like decades...but I'm sure it's just been a few weeks.  It felt so....right...being in my natural habitat.  I left the store invigorated and inspired!  This weekend, Htown wiped the dust off  the box of the brand new Cricut Explorer that I had gotten for my birthday last year.  I'm not one to read directions, so instead I do everything the old fashioned way with scissors and my hand...even though I have modern technology literally waiting for me to use it right at my fingertips!  I saw the joy in her eyes and the delight in her maniacal laugh as she used the Cricut to make the most amazing t-shirts for her church youth.  The t-shirts looked like they had been ordered from a professional.  It made me think that maybe I needed to get in on how to use this amazing machine.  It helped that she already read the directions and now I wouldn't have to....I could just sucker her into teaching me!  And today...I did just that!  I actually used the new machine to make the project.  I would post a picture of the finished product, but it's a Christmas present...and I would definitely let the cat out of the bag for the person I made it for.  

It felt really good to start something and finish it...It made me realize that I need to keep myself as active as possible and keep doing things that I enjoy on days that I feel well.  Turns out that crafting is a great distraction and pretty therapeutic so I guess I will keep pinteresting little projects and work on them when I can.  And maybe even one of these days....I'll organize my craft room!!


1 comment:

shebamm said...

HTown is the greatest! ��