Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Love for SueVee...

A special thanks to my friend and colleague, Savanna for taking the time to create a Facebook & Go Fund Me page for me.  It was really hard for me to agree to let her go ahead and set them up.  Writing on my blog is one thing...I feel like it's my little online diary and sometimes I forget that other people are reading it.  But  Facebook is so public and I knew once the information was out...it'd be OUT.  It was hard for me to click the share button on the page, but once I did it...I was glad.  I received such an outpouring of love and support.  It's been overwhelming.

If you haven't seen the pages:
Facebook- www.facebook.com/LoveForSueVee
Go Fund Me- www.gofundme.com/LoveForSueVee

Today I spent the day preparing for tomorrow morning.  I finished getting the house in order...minus the craft room (we won't talk about that)...got to squeeze in a few more visits with sweet friends, and picked out a few things to bring to entertain myself for 5 hours tomorrow.  I received so much love and encouragement today...and I know so many people from all over the world are standing with me in prayer...I feel completely ready to get this chemo show on the road!!

Mousse, on the other hand, has been acting a little strange as of late.  I know labs have sad eyes, but hers look sadder, she seems to have lost the pep in her step, and she stares at me even more than normal!  I hugged her at least a zillion times today and probably gave her more treats than I should have, but nothing seemed to cheer her up.  I know she understands English & Malayalam, and definitely knows something is up.  I tried to assure her that I'll be okay and she shouldn't worry...but I think she's still worried.  She went to bed way early today and I tried to cajole her out of bed to come hang out with my visitors.  But she wasn't budging!  I'm not sure what's going to cheer this girl up!!

But, I will tell you what cheered me up today!  One of my favorite couples,  L & J sent me the most amazing video!!  I'm not sure if they are mind readers because I had actually requested a video like this from one of my friends earlier today!!  (yes, I like to make unreasonable requests now just for fun to see if my friends will actually comply with my wishes!!...and no, they never do!) L&J rapped Fetty Wap's 679 in its' entirety!  I wanted to share a snippet for you guys because it was so awesome and adorable and hilarious...but I couldn't get the video to work!  I'm sure L & J are probably thankful for that!  Thank you, L&J...for making my day!!

Prayer requests:  Tomorrow is the big day for me and my cancer buddy.  Please pray for him as he undergoes surgery and for me as I begin round one of chemo.  We both need an abundance of strength and peace!!

2 comments:

avasa05 said...

Will keep you both in my prayers Sue!

cookiemonsta said...

I'm catching up sue. Thinking of you love!