Sunday, December 27, 2015

Weekend in review...

So much of the weekend was spent trying to find hair alternatives.  I was so happy to have my cuzzies, Leslie and Ansley with me because otherwise, I'm not sure I could actually stop pouting about it long enough to find alternatives.  The three of us sat on my couch with my laptop and looked at hats and wraps for what seemed like forever.  We finally found a really easy head wrap on you tube that was made out of a t-shirt of all things!  I found an extra t-shirt and tried it out! What do you think?  I think I liked it because I can add to it with flowers or intertwine scarves of other colors.  And it kinda reminded me of how I wore my hair in a side bun for Paycom Prom...except the side bun is now jersey knit!  We ordered a few hipster hats too...so we'll see how those look when they come in.  I'm so glad my sweet cousins came to town for Christmas!  God definitely knew that I would need my little cuzzie angels' love and support this weekend.

The weather took a turn and this morning we woke up to ice.  I was hoping this would keep my cousins here for a few more days, but they're not little kids anymore...they're grown adults with jobs and responsibilities, so they braved the weather and went home.  My sister is supposed to come in tomorrow, but the weather is going to be horrible, so her and BF will both be arriving Tuesday!  I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival!  In the meantime, Mr. BF paid me a visit today since he arrived a few days early!  We played a friendly game of Scrabble...which we haven't done in years!  I had forgotten what a bad sport he was!!  I was clearly annihilating him, and he couldn't take the pain of defeat...so before we were even finished, he came up with a clever excuse to leave!!  So. Typical.

I feel like this is going to be a tough week.  I'm going to take it one day at a time.
Prayer requests:  Please pray that the weather clears up and that my  sister and BF will arrive safely!  Also pray that God gives me a little extra strength and bravery to get through this week and all the challenges it will entail!



No comments: