Wednesday, December 23, 2015

So Fresh and So Clean....Clean...

So my girl had her spa day today! The mobile groomer that CCL hooked us up with turned out to be great! I put her on her leash and she had no problem skipping out the door with a complete stranger.  My heart sank a little bit.  But, she definitely hesitated getting in the groomer's van...which was good to know that she wouldn't just jump in the car of any stranger.  Yes, I'm worried about my dog getting kidnapped.  After two hours with the groomer, she came back home looking so fresh and so clean, clean!  The best thing about it is that they de-shed her!!  The groomer dropped her off with a present for Mousse (dog biscuits) and for me (hand lotion)!  Pretty sweet! We were both impressed!!  Thanks, CCL!!
I was going a little stir crazy sitting at home, so I had my niece, Marissa  (Missa, as I like to call her) take me out and about.  My niece and nephew arrived on Monday for their Christmas break.  It's always nice having them around....especially now since Missa drives. Although  I do still drive,  it's nice to know that if I tire out, she's finally old enough to take the wheel.  I'm excited to do our Christmas tradition while they're here...which basically consists of eating delicious appetizers on Christmas Eve as we watch the movie Elf!!  This year, we're adding the construction of a gingerbread house to our tradition!

For the first time ever tonight, Charlotte's alarm went off.  This typically indicates that there's something wrong in the flow of chemo.  I panicked a bit, but finally pulled myself together long enough to call the "in case of emergency # on Charlotte.  The person on the phone basically talked me through taking Charlotte apart to see if there were any kinks.  The problem at hand is that I only have approximately a tablespoon left of 5 FU.  Hopefully we solved the problem temporarily for tonight and tomorrow is chemo refill day!  Just how I wanted to spend Christmas Eve....

















1 comment:

Binz said...

I just said a prayer for you!