Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Year 2015 in Review...

I did a little reminiscing through pictures on my phone yesterday.  I can't believe this is the final few days of the year...more over, that this is how the year is ending for me.  Looking back, I realize that I must have been in hibernation for the first four months of the year, the summer was jam-packed, the fall was uneventful, and then things took an astonishing turn in the winter.  I thought I'd share a few pictures of the hilights of 2015!
Ok, so clearly this isn't from this year...but, this was too cute for me not to post!  Me and my cousins circa 1980.  The big kids from left to right:  Cousin Abe, brother Abe (looking chipper as ever), sister Beenz, and cousin Faith.
Lil Kids from left to right:  CCL (she's 9 months older than me, please note the height difference!!), cousin Bobby (is it me or does he look like he's up to no good??  I think he probably was! Also noteworthy, he's 2 years younger than me and note the height difference!),  and me (sporting my favorite bright yellow "Daddy's girl" t-shirt!)
THIS ONE'S IN HONOR OF YOU, COUSIN ABE!
Paycom Prom, Feb 2015....Me & Sav...This was when I had a side messy bun made of hair and not jersey knit!

March 2015...nothing momentous happened on this day.  It was just a really good, noteworthy hair day!  (Those are important to me right now!)

May 2015, Mousse was out on a stroll and made a new best friend. ...another chocolate lab that lives in my neighborhood that's the same age as her!  I call them milk & dark chocolate.

June 2015...that one time Sav and I made 50 Harry Potter mugs for Les's bridal shower!

July 2015....that one time I was the only 40 year old at Les's bachelorette weekend in Austin.   I was convinced I would tag along to cook for the girls...little did I know that I would forge some pretty important friendships!  

I spent all summer working out with these folks at the fit camp led by my friend and co-worker, Lauren.  I pushed myself like I never have before and learned how to do pretty decent pushups and squats.  Sure...I threw up after every leg day...but hey, it was worth the results!
August 2015...My once in a lifetime vacation to Greece!   
August 2015....I've never been the wedding planner and the bridesmaid at the same time....but, that just goes to show what I would do for this girl!  This was the day two of my favorite people on the planet became husband and wife!

August 2015...Apparently August was a jam-packed month.  Me & Sheryl decided to go to a old school hip-hop festival.  Any time me & Sheryl decide to do anything it's usually  filled with lots of laughs and lasting memories.  This time she decided that we should dress 90's...and I so stupidly agreed. I get to her house and she looks very 2015 and I have turquoise jeans, neon-colored Biggie shirt, massive bright pink hoop earrings, and a swatch watch.  I looked like an idiot among a sea of people who were NOT dressed 90's.  Thank you, Sheryl for your bright ideas!  We did have a blast though!  And DJ Kool literally came right up to us and serenaded us!  (DJ Kool .."Let me Clear my Throat"...an oldie but a goodie!)

October 2015...I thought this was a simple birthday dinner with Sav...and then I walk in to see my amazing co-worker friends and my 2 besties from high school!!  What a sweet surprise!  

And there you have it folks my year (+ 1980 throwback) in review...before things got kinda cray!  I think this trip down memory lane taught me a few things:  

1.  Take the time to make memorable moments more often...Live a little!

2.  Be open to new experiences because you never know what opportunity God is opening up for you or what lesson he's trying to teach you...

3.  You never know how drastically life will change.  How you start the year, may not be how you end the year.  Spend less time complaining and more time appreciating.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it, and you! =) -Htown

Unknown said...

Just think - 12/31/2016, you will look back and say, "The beginning of 2016 was a blur, I can't believe how far I've come since then. Thank God!"