Monday, March 06, 2006

Don't get me wrong, I'm elated that my cousin-in-law has been offered a phenomenal new job. I'm thrilled that he will be able to put his engineering degree and his MBA to good use and feel fulfilled in doing so. BUT...I'm quite sad that all this good news requires relocation. It's not like I made drives to Dallas every weekend, but I did make them a few times a year. And Dallas served as my pit stop on my grueling drives to Houston, which is now where Lisa and Alex will be moving. So where will I stop when I go visit them? Sure, I have other cousins in Dallas and a few friends as well, but it's just not the same. Lisa and Dallas, Fort Worth are synonomous. I can't imagine going there and her not being there. Who's going to make the best EVER chocolate chip cookies and down home country breakfasts for me? Who's closet will I go in to and complain about the overabundance of cacky pants? Who's going to call me at the exact moment needed to remind me what direction I need to go when I-35 splits into East and West?

I guess I should be more concerned about the adjustment Lisa will have to make when moving to a city she hates....but I'm more concerned about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. *wahhhhhhh* I guess the distant cousins are going to be even more distant now. correction..i guess I'll be mroe distant since the Texas crew will all be in neighboring cities and the black sheep (ME) will be all by her lonesome here in OKC.

I shall always cherish my memories of my visits to DFW that stem from my early childhood. The countless summers we spent together, who makes the best fruit salad contests (that i always won), bobby and lisa joining forces to torture me in cruel and unusual ways, going to the wrong house with my luggage in hand, plotting to make mikey jealous with faux-cousins christmas shots, and so many more!!!

*Sigh*...I'm bummed.

5 comments:

kovoor36 said...

hehehe, well see?? ccl is letting you know everything will be fine!!:) good luck on your move!!

Anonymous said...

dude - whats up with your flog? I thought you said you wasnt gonna close it? holla back on my phone with sum answers!

Soulsysta said...

sue - i miss you girly. miss the words, the feeling of cracking my eyes open, the feeling of wings fluttering - i miss the flog. And i demand that you reinstate the darn thing lest i go through sue withdrawl and drop into a deep deep depression.

And no worries about the move - she's still accessible ;)

Scorps1027 said...

i second that motion about the reinstation (is that even a word?!), of the flog. i sincerely miss your posts, pics. there is an emptiness on flog:/. as for dallas, sighhh, it's the end of an era!!

Anonymous said...

dude - where is your flog? What the heck have i missed?