Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Show me the Money!!

March 15th is always a highly anticipated day here at the work front because it's BONUS PAY OUT DAY! Every year there is the impending fear that bonus will not be reached, but I've been around 7 years and have never experienced not receiving a bonus check. It's not some astronomical amount, but it's enough to make us happy...it's always fun to hear what people are going to do with their checks. I for one, will not be doing anything exciting...paying off bills and possibly a new set of tires. woohoo!

I promised myself that I wouldn't invest anymore money into my car since I'm going to purchase a new one sometime this year. But, I might possibly be making a trip to Dallas next week, so I can't do that with out new tires, oil change, and all that other fun stuff...bleh! I got a call back from a resume I sent out two weeks ago. In the past four years, this is my third resume response...and the first one from out-of-state. That's a pretty sad ratio there!

The job is promising and requires a lot of WRITING, so I think it's my cup of tea. Let's just hope the company thinks so as well. I had a phone screening and next week I find out if they want to meet me face to face...so please say a prayer for me. This definitely stirs up a lot of emotions...It's hard not to think about the "what ifs"...If I get the job, it means moving out of Oklahoma City.

This is the one thing I have wanted to do ever since I moved to Oklahoma City...but now that it might actually be a possibility and not just a dream...I realize exactly what I might be leaving behind. But, I guess freedom has its' price. I've never lived outside of my home...not even for college. I always felt a pang of guilt when the desire arose because I didn't want to leave the MU all alone. But, there comes a time when kids are adults and they have to be free to be their own person and do their own thing. I reached that time about 10 years ago. =/

So please say a prayer for me...I have fears...lots of them. But, it's also really exciting to think about the possibilities..but most of all I just want to be where God places me...

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

woohoo for bonuses!! i love them!! and wow a job outside okc? where? good luck!! im rooting and praying for ya!!:)