Thursday, March 16, 2006

If you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME

If you guys haven't read Paul's blog...you have to! he's hysterical...and although he's a Varghese, I promise he's not related...and that's NOT why I'm giving him a plug right now...I just think he's a funny man...and his posts crack me up!

Anyway, I had a rather eye opening experience last night. I had an opportunity to learn something new about a rather interesting group of girls. I guess the lesson I learned is never to judge a book by it's cover...I don't feel that I'm the judgemental type....in fact I spend a lot of time convincing people who do judge others that they shouldn't because you just never know what's going on in a person's heart or mind.

But, I guess there are certain things you just assume about people when you know them only on a surface level. Before the flogmeet up in October 05, I stressed to Sibil that I'm actually quite shy. She mentioned that was hard to believe because I came off as a talkative/friendly person in my flogs. So, needless to say, I think many people were quite surprised by my quiet nature. The truth is, I am totally shy when I don't know someone or have to meet someone for the first time...but after you get to know me, I'm quite the motor mouth. THIS is why my flogs and blogs portray me this way...because I'm writing for those who know me.

My friend Billy says it's just a part of human nature to judge/assume...I guess he's right to some extent...because we do it all the time whether we intend to or not. If you see a beautiful girl, you assume she's very self-confident...but most beautiful girls I know have very low self-esteem. If you see a fat person, you think they are lazy with little self-control...no one ever stops to think that maybe they have a health condition that might cause them to be overweight. My doctor told me that most people with my condition weigh about 300 plus pounds...and it's not because they over eat but because their bodies is just way out of whack.

I guess last night made me realize that I should make an effort to try and not assume things about people that I don't really know...because I definitely don't want people to assume things about me.

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

i just read pauls blog!! he is hilarious!! and its true, we all can try not to assume things, but we just do. we jus thave to make sure that we not ruining somethign in that process. we will see huh?:)

Anonymous said...

he is hilarious :) i totally just linked him on my flog....thanks for that!

cookiemonsta said...

If you have a flaccid face, then you are good to go. Atleast they won't know you are thinking things in your head. People can see right through me. whether it is disgust or happiness or sadness.. all you have to do is look @ my face :)

I will read Paul after finals!

I think you and i will have a BLAST when we meet.. I am going to hug you soo much.. just because i know you don't like it!

ps: I asked Moussey if he can post pics of you and your friends also, b/c shoot.. i wanna know what's going on in all your S-es lives.. and billy..the church... derrick.. and ooh angelina.. i miss her!