Thursday, March 30, 2006

Since Mattie seems to think I've been smokin' on a crack pipe a little bit too long when it comes to the monkey phenomenon, I wanted to prove that it is indeed true and not something I'm imagining in my little head. I was shopping at Walmart last night for some cereal. Lo and behold...a monkey! Now, who would imagine seeing a monkey in the cereal isle...not I. So, Mattie...here's proof positive that I'm not imagining things.

Among my purchases last night at Walmart was my new Ipod Shuffle. After Ashley's uploading/downloading fiasco I swore off modern technology all together. But then I saw the sign on the wall at the gym. "NO HEADPHONES. YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN." Are you kidding me? I was irate. I have the world's cheapest, stingiest gym. First they charge me 46$/month (pretty much robbery), then they make me pay 5$ for the dumb microscopic, plastic id tag that I lost (and later found in my car!), and now no headphones? I was so tired of watching their tvs and trying to read the captions...that I knew I had to break down and do something. I considered a walkman...but A. our radio stations suck and B. I didn't want to lug around cds. So, I bought the shuffle. I asked *BJ* for tutorial help, and he assured me he'd be at my service if needed. But, he suggested I get a nano for just a $100 more. I declined...I don't want to be so up to date with technology...I'm not a technology savvy person...and therefore, the basics are just fine with me!

In other news...who watched lost? JJ Abrams is my hero...He's absolutely brilliant I tell you....BRILLIANT!

5 comments:

cookiemonsta said...

oooh now you can play the shuffle game :)

happy roy said...

that's what i thought too, niki!

sue, i too think this monkey phenomenon is crazy so from today onwards, i'm going to test this theory. i know for sure i'll see monkeys on tv b/c of all the commercials, but i'd like to see what happens on the days i don't watch tv.

i dont have an mp3 player so i'm confused -- your shuffle doesn't come with headphones?

Anonymous said...

THE PHONE PHEMENON:

Have you guys heard of this? They say that every person in America sees/hears atleast one phone a day. I tried it out and it's true. OMG!!!! Try it out!!

kovoor36 said...

oh my gosh, sue you need to be online tonite so we can discuss lost!! i think all my previous thoughts are crap now!! gahhhhh!!

happy roy said...

sue! i haven't turned on the tv ALL day. so i came home from my failed attempts to work out and logged into bloglines. i'm subscribed to the best week ever blog and what do i see? a post about monkeys! no picture but it's full of links! that counts, right?

btw, i want to get in on these lost theories!