Monday, March 27, 2006

Good luck, lil' one!

Geez...3 posts in one day...I need to slow my roll! ;) I just had to wish my cousin Les lots of luck as she heads out for her very first job interview in an exactly an hour and a half. I took her to the mall yesterday to pick up a few applications, and she was able to get an interview for the first application she filled out! (I wish I had the kid's luck!) I had almost forgotten what it felt like to be 16, but was quickly reminded when I had to give her pep talks before she went into each store to ask for apps:

Les: I look too young to get a job....they're not going to hire me.
Me: But, you're not...you're 16!
Les: But you just said I looked 12.
Me: That's because you just got braces and I'm not used to it.
Les: Ok, what do I say again?
Me: Can I have an application, please?
Les: What if they say no?
Me: They won't!!!
Les: (hesitantly) Ok...but don't watch me!

It was all rather cute...I'm sure it wasn't for her, but def'ly was for me. Anyway, please join me in sending positive vibes her way!! We did a few practice interview questions yesterday on the way home, but after most of the questions she exclaimed "WAIT!"...and then started laughing hysterically!! =/ The picture above was taken Saturday night after church...I took the 3 lil' girls in my life (Marissa, Ash, and Les) out for ice cream. Les's ability to eat and not get fat never ceases to amaze me. ( Note the snazzy necklace she's sporting...bought for her by yours truly in Chinatown on my last visit to NYC!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck leslie!!! =)

kovoor36 said...

good luck leslie!! i hope you aced the interview!!:)

Soulsysta said...

I'm sure she rocked it Suse! And the necklace is verrrry nice.