Thursday, March 09, 2006

I stepped outside this morning and there was a slight chill in the air. I could see the sun trying to fight its way through the clouds, and the ground was wet from rain that fell throughout the night. My memory was triggered, and it took me back to my elementary school days. This was exactly what the weather was like on field trip mornings...there always seemed to be dark clouds that left us with an impending fear of a rained out field trip, which meant it would me be a movie day with indoor recess. It's funny how the slightest things like the weather, a scent, or sound can trigger your memory and take you back to another time and place.

I'm so tired today. I can't seem to fight the yawns. I hardly ever drink coffee, but the thought of it seems appealing to me today. I need something to keep my eyelids from drooping.

I think i might potentially have a stalker on my hands. I'd like to tell you that it is some guy who is obsessed with my obvious charm and wit (HA!) but it's some girl...kinda like the Kathy Bates character in "Misery." She was introduced to me by a mutual friend...she was actually just touring the office of the BC, and I was just doing my best to appear friendly. The mutual friend then told her I was from India. The girl was like super excited about that. Apparently she just read an article about Kerala and how beautiful it was. She kept saying how she wants to go to India...it was almost as if she was waiting for me to suggest that I'd take her there. It was kinda eerie. Then the mutual friend told her I wrote a book. That was enough to kick the stalkerism into high gear. Wouldn't you know it...SHE'S writing a book as well. Lovely. I gave her some tips...to which she seemed eternally grateful. Literally I think she woulda stayed up here and talked forever if not for the mutual friend who had to go. When she left, I felt like a tornado had just passed, and I was left wiping the sweat from my forehead.

A few hours later, there was a fire drill, and I was making my way down the stairwell I head, "hey" and felt a tug on my shirt. Guess who? Yep the stalker. She talked to me about my book the entire way down 7 flights of stairs. Then began discussing her writing process...which was interesting to say the least. She begins with prayer...not to Jesus...cuz she's not Christian...but to this mystical source of peace...because the writing process wears her out. Hmmm...kinda like she wears me out?? She went on to say it's so stressful to write cuz the story is so "twisted." Stupidly, I asked what the story's about..."my life," she replied. (Sue's coocoo alert sounds in her head) I was left wiping the sweat from my forehead once again.

After telling CCL this story...she asked why I was sweating. I told her it was because this girl talks a mile a minute and literally wears me out...she asked me if was really because of THAT or because she makes me nervous. hmmmmmmmmmm.

so today i get an email from her...and what does she ask me? "what's the meaning of life?" yep, guys...I got a doozie on my hands!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this opens an opportunity for you to share the gospel :)

Anonymous said...

To anonymous, Crazy people love Jesus like Flys love stink. Dude, That person needs a mental healthcare professional to guide them through the weirdness, and a hefty dose of any psychotropic drug.

Anonymous said...

Too funny Sue! Ya know what, if she doesn't let up, make up some crazy stuff of your own and see how she reacts to it :)